Accelerating changes in the workplace demand that restaurants and retail organizations have to find, train, and keep talent. As a savvy restaurant or retail store adapting to the emerging reality of managing millennial employees, learner engagement is key to meeting your bottom line.
Using A Mobile-Friendly LMS To Improve Learner Engagement
Onboarding entails identifying talent and nurturing the relevant skills. When dealing with a millennial workforce you, inherently, have to provide social learning opportunities, formal training, plus progressive professional development suited to their needs.
From flexibility to altering the workplace learning culture, the implementation of mobile learning is rapidly becoming a business objective for restaurants and retail organizations of all sizes.
For you to achieve such goals, it becomes crucial to integrate mobile-based training to accommodate an increasingly flexible and often remote workforce. Fundamentally, this concern catapults a mobile-friendly LMS from a niche idea to a mainstream practice. More so, when you need to develop a resilient and adaptable workforce that's primed to perform.
But how does mobile impact engagement? Why is a mobile-friendly LMS an indispensable part of the equation? Here's how such an approach is beneficial:
- An LMS Puts Adaptability at the Focal Point of Your Learning Strategy. Indeed, a 2017 Deloitte Millennial Survey established "flexible working" as a precursor to employee loyalty and a significant contributor towards performance amongst millennials. As a result, trendsetters have identified employee flexibility as a fundamental factor that helps younger employees to attain a healthy work/life balance. Fundamentally, E-learning serves as an enabler to an accommodating learning strategy. And to that end, this training design for millennials adapts to the personalized settings of each employee. Such an approach helps you cater to the needs of a younger workforce, while also arresting a decline in productivity.
- Acts as a Handheld Nerve Center For Learning. As one of the core goals of an LMS, it delivers a foundation for learning in the workplace. Moreover, it provides for a higher level of learner engagement—while also accommodating completion rates, compulsory, and compliance training. When you're training millennials in the workplace, it becomes vital for them to learn continuously. Consequently, a mobile-friendly LMS enables you to design a more consistent learning experience on the go. An ideal LMS stocked with an extensive range of content encourages younger employees to engage the system as the cornerstone of their learning anytime, anywhere.
- Creates an Ideal Environment that Encourages Collaboration. Primarily, millennials use social media regularly. First, for collaboration and inherently, to boost creativity. These two are vital elements when you want to increase learning engagement. It's easy to see why collaborative learning is significantly effective—not only in facilitating participation but also creating enthusiasm for training and development. Affirming that your organization's LMS is mobile-friendly enables you to meet your learners training objectives where they already are—sharing, collaborating and socializing on mobile devices.
- A Mobile-friendly System Allows You to Train Younger Employees on Their Own Schedules. The system's flexibility suitably allows millennial employees to fit their learning into their day-to-day roster. Furthermore, mobile-based training avails your workforce the ability and space for career progression and provides opportunities for development. In the same way flexibility with working arrangements is essential for employee retention; a flexible training routine is vital for managing millennial employees' learning engagement.
- Gives You the Agility to Provide Training When It's Needed. Point-of-need and on-demand learning comprise some of the benefits of a mobile-friendly LMS in a restaurant or retail organization. Not only helping you have a better-trained workforce, but also delivering increased morale while curbing needless spending on training. As a whole, such a training design for millennials supports your employees in becoming more self-driven in their learning.
On average, millennial workers spend a significant amount of time on mobile devices. Often, these workers feel more engaged when they have more flexibility. Consequently, a mobile learning management system is a great way to support a younger workforce learn in accordance to; when, where, and how their schedule suits them.
Are you looking for further insights regarding the value of mobile-learning in the restaurant and retail organization industry? Check out this guide and learn more about how mobile-friendly learning can help you increase collaboration, and thus, boost engagement.