The future of work is becoming increasingly digital. Human resource (HR) professionals must work closely with the IT department to align organizational goals with technological resources. Embracing automation and utilizing data for efficient decision making is the key to mobilizing digital transformation in the workplace. Below are three key job functions to help you take the lead in digital innovation:
Through this transformation, you may need to re-structure certain employee roles to fit the needs of the organization. Make sure the vision of the company and how the strategic enterprise-wide digital transformation strategy can help improve everyday job functions, is explained. Every member of the team must be willing to adapt and learn to create a successful digital change. Retain employee engagement by adding digital tools that will allow team members to connect and communicate easily. Having a space to share ideas, questions or projects will increase positive social behaviors amongst employees.
Process Automation in HR
Begin by automating and standardizing repetitive functions. Through automation, companies can design, integrate and deploy necessary services at a lower cost. Keeping too many manual operations will drain HR productivity and employee motivation. Digitizing multiple tasks can help refocus efforts towards the organization's overall goals. Here is a list of benefits to keep in mind as your building your digital transformation framework:
- Build organizational growth through efficient hiring
- Utilize insightful reports for better decision making
- Add time to analyze HR data
- Reduce storage and paper costs
- Increase employee engagement through reduced employee turnover
- Improve productivity due to quick data sharing
Which Processes Do I Automate?
- On-Boarding - Collecting documents, new-hire information, and employee requests is one of the most manual tasks of an HR staff member.
- Timesheets - Track employee time punches through unified software or an app.
- Management Performance - Measure and analyze employee decision making and performance.
- Time Off Requests - Approve leave time and record payroll without manual management approval.
Training and Development
A strong digital transformation can only be executed with employees that are highly skilled in new technological advancements. Continuous education will maximize your employees' value. Begin by investing in retention strategies and your employees' will continue to grow. Here is how you can integrate digital learning into the workplace:
- Individualized AI coaching
- Microlearning videos and quizzes
- Gamification and performance tracking
Your new training program must offer differentiated lessons, depending on the employee. Employees should be able to choose the course they need to work on and build from there. Also, you can pair off employees to work together face to face. This method is more time consuming but can be effective based on the employee's learning style. Remember, technology can offer more development opportunities within an organization. Providing a new way to learn will give an employee a sense of freedom and responsibility to work efficiently.
Do not get left in the dust by failing to adopt new technological processes and ways of learning within the workplace. Technology is changing every day and your company needs to grow with those changes. Bridge the gap between HR functions and business operations by going through a digital transformation. You can read more about this topic in this comprehensive report by Gartner: How to Strengthen Your Digital Workplace Program to Sustain Digital Transformation