Restaurant Technology to Scale Your Restaurant: A Guide
According to a 2018 report by the Chamber of Commerce of the United States, technology is helping small enterprises to grow, sale, and hire. Once these companies have developed sales, customer care, hiring, or training strategies, technology helps them get where they want to be, faster and more cost-effectively.
Many restaurant operators recognize the strategic significance of deploying new restaurant technology. About 80% of them told the National Restaurant Association that they believed technology could help them increase productivity and sales, and it could provide a competitive edge.
If you're responsible for developing goals or implementing strategies for scaling your restaurant, here are three innovative tech solutions that can help:
Mobile Learning Management System (LMS)
A mobile LMS is an excellent employee onboarding and training tool for restaurants. Rather than spend a lot of money and time on trainers, you can use the technology to bring new hires up to speed on their responsibilities. The system provides several cost-saving benefits, including:
- Scalability: The system is hosted in the cloud, and it can scale quickly to new restaurant locations. You don't have to invest in new LMS servers to keep pace with business expansion.
- Real-time updates: Restaurant supervisors can send quick updates to staff or learners through text messages and mobile push notifications.
- Mobility: A mobile LMS eliminates the necessity for hires and seasoned staff to meet face to face. Learning can take place on the go, from home or any remote location.
If you're like many employers, video learning is critical to grabbing and retaining the attention of the biggest proportion of your restaurant workforce. That's because, according to a Pew Research Center report, Millennials take up the lion's share of jobs in the U.S. Similarly, most members of this generation have a lifelong attachment to technology, and they no longer find classroom settings and paperwork interesting and engaging enough.
Also, video content is easier to process than text material. You could capitalize on it for restaurant training in several ways, for example, microlearning. Consider providing short and straight-to-the-point 3-minute (or so) video tutorials, which trainees can view and digest quickly on their smartphones, including while working in the kitchen.
Mobile Content Management
When you need your restaurant staff to remain productive no matter their job site, consider deploying a mobile content management system. Such a platform provides the capability to add different types of content, from video to images—all optimized for viewing on mobile devices. It can give your employees anytime-access to mission-critical enterprise content, allowing them to collaborate in real-time.
Are you changing your restaurant menu often? Do you need to update prices or add images for new dishes? A mobile content management tool lets you do all that and keep your staff and customers posted. The software can help drive restaurant sales through:
- Up-to-date menus: These may include attractive pictures of various mouth-watering delicacies along with their respective ingredients.
- Mobile ordering: Makes it easy for your customers to order food delivery from the office, home, or other remote locations.
- Marketing: The software supports various customer loyalty programs and promotions.
Restaurant technology can play a prominent role in scaling your business. And as a leading Mobile LMS provider, PlayerLync can help you take your enterprise to the next level of success. We happily invite you to check out our "How to Maintain Brand Consistency While Growing Your Restaurant" eBook to learn more!